Tuesday, December 15, 2009

More Iphone Wardriving Goodness

WiFiFoFum have upgraded their Iphone application and I thought it was well worth posting about because it's making great use of the inbuilt GPS on the 3G Iphone.

We still have the Radar and Networks view.



But now you have the option to enable logging before a wardrive. In the screenshot below you can see a few previous logs.



After creating a log from a wardrive you will be able select it and you'll be asked if you want to view it in Maps or email it to yourself.



If I choose to view the log in Maps I get taken straight into maps and I'm presented with a nice map of all the AP's I discovered on my wardrive.



If you choose the option to email yourself the .kml file you can simply save the file to your PC and then drag and drop the .kml file into Google Earth to see exactly where everything is.



How cool is this eh! The pins retain all the useful info such as encryption, channel number, MAC address etc.....



What would be great would be a different colour pin to denote different types of encryption, but I guess that's making life real easy.

Now go get yourself some exercise and get wardriving!

+++

Share |

"make something then You never be lost"

wibiya widget